Re: launcher-style icons

I've been reading the panel source. It appears that the button widget
does what I want. Ive still got a couple of questions, if you have the
time/inclination to answer.

* Does the panel ever have a pixmap background?

* How do I get a copy of what's underneath my applet to composite onto?

Thanks,

-Michael