Re: Encoding for gnome-core/panel/panel.hints

KUSANO Takayuki <AE5T-KSN@asahi-net.or.jp> writes:

> What I did is to remove the comment (*1) on the top of panel.hints and
> move it to the tail of the file(*2).

Thanks!  But it's not in the CVS; I'll check it in.

>  (*1) <!-- Hey Emacs, this is -*- xml -*- -->
>
>  (*2) <!--
>        This is for 'emacs20+psgml' not to go bad.
>
>        Local variables:
>        mode:xml
>        coding:no-conversion
>        End:
>       -->
>
> 'coding:no-conersion' is need for my Emacs20.6 on Debian not to do
> autodetection of coding system. (But I'm not sure this is safe for
> another text editors)

It puts the buffer in unibyte mode.  The "no-conversion" setting
prevents that Emacs will show umlauts or other 8 bit characters.  I'll
remove the comment completely for now.

>   Yes, and it's very hard. so I've just splitted panel.hints into
>   'lang' specific files.

It should be possible to do this with XML tools (linked against
libxml?).

[... good recipe deleted ...]

>   May be this is done by simple perl scripts.

Yes, using XML::Parser und XML::DOM -- but I'm not familiar with these
perl modules.

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |          ------    ,__o