Re: Fix del key patch for Gnome-Terminal

Ali Abdin <aliabdin@aucegypt.edu> writes:

> It does appear to be a gnome-terminal brokeness because EVERYTHING ELSE
> WORKS. Every Gtk+ widget supports this, Every GNOME widget supports this.
> Every (X) application I've tried supports this. So it does appear to be an
> isolated problem with gnome-terminal.

Does it work in xterm, rxvt, eterm, etc?  Terminals handle backspace
and delete (and function keys and a bunch of other keys) a lot
differently than X applications.  One problem with this thing in
particular is that there's no clear standard as to what the Delete key
should send on a terminal.

179 days, 19 hours, 3 minutes, 30 seconds till we run away.
Sailors in ships, sail on!  Even while we died, others rode out the storm.