the trunk and the branches / control-center

Hello,

I just encounterd the following ChangeLog entry:

2000-01-13  Jonathan Blandford  <jrb@redhat.com>

	* configure.in: Massive changes to build system to permit
	gnome-2.0 compilation.  From here on out, you need gnome-2.0 or
	greater installed.

Does this mean that we also have a stable branch for the control-center
package?  If not, such a change wouldn't be allowed...

Please, tell me how I can check the existence of "stable" branches
easily.  Sometimes a package contains a touched file with a phony name,
but most times not...

Maybe, this info is somewhere hidden at
http://developer.gnome.org/status/ -- but unfortunately I wasn't able to
find it.