Re: Gnome Media Library

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Nicholas Francis wrote:

> I'm starting a project to unify the media framework under gnome, with the
> ultimate aim to produce a CORBA/Bonobo media system.
>
> I would love to get any input...
>
> Anyways, I've made a small site - which you can get at by going to
> http://www.sixpence.dk/media

I wrote GMF last summer - it's in CVS, and there's a white paper on
developer.gnome.org. I have had no time to continue work on it since then,
and I'm not confident that it represents a good final solution, but Anders
was hacking on it the other day, and I'm sure efforts in that direction
would be much more productive than starting from scratch.

-- Elliot
"Moron of the week" for four years running