Ongoing development of ORBit
- From: David Angier <david angier dcs-ltd co uk>
- To: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Ongoing development of ORBit
- Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:34:18 +0000
I am interested in knowing the current direction of development of ORBit. The
project I am working on uses Gnome for the front-end UI, and needs an ORB for
the backend. Unfortunately it requires POA features that are not yet
implemented in ORBit. "grep Implemented poa.c" for a list of missing functions!
The possible routes I have seem to be:
1) Wait, and hope someone adds the features I need :-)
2) Use something else on the backend (such as Mico).
3) Persuade my boss to let me work on ORBit.
In order to accomplish (3), I need to know whether or not anyone else is
working on these things, does anyone know?
] [Thread Prev