Re: System configuration...

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:33:39 you wrote:
> I would like to address these problems by developing a library that can be
> used in server daemons as well as in a Gnome/KDE application. I have seen
> that someone has started something called GConf. perhaps that is a part in
> whats needed but I miss some features in the GConf library ( as it is
> described in http://developer.gnome.org/feature/current/index.html ..

Hey,
  This is a wonderful idea.  It has been discussed before, though not on
this list (iirc).  However, in creating such a library, you must realize
that you risk making things only more complex.
  However, if your library became popular, it could be the solution to
this
long standing issue.

Regards,
  cyberclay