Re: 3D Gnoming this week

Ali Abdin <ALIABDIN@aucegypt.edu> writes:

> Not only that - but old hardware does not support 3D - so it would be
> nice if we don't 'fully depend' on it. Also - i could be wrong - but 3D
> isn't really an option on a Sparc or Alpha (or is it?)

It's very much an option (having worked for a CAD company I've had a
chance to see them up close).  On Alpha, you can often even use normal
PC cards like the ATI cards.  Not sure if there are drivers on
Solaris, but when I was looking I did see them for DUX.  And I'm
fairly sure that under Linux, the normal Linux drivers work.

244 days, 23 hours, 56 minutes, 18 seconds till we run away.
Throw rocks at sea-birds; Leave no tern unstoned