Re: gdk-pixbuf external conversion?

Ian McKellar wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 17, 2000 at 02:55:00PM +0200, Lauris Kaplinski wrote:
> >
> > The screenshooter uses excellent application (convert?) to do all its
> > conversion. IMHO something such should be semi-standard part of gnome
> > itself, maybe as part of bigger file conversion framework.
>
> No!
>
> Down that path there is much pain and suffering. convert will sometimes
> halt indefinately. It also doesn't solve the right problem. If we adopt
> this then nobody will write loaders for gdk-pixbuf.
>
> Ian [whose system is often haunted by convert and xcftopnm processes]

Hi!
from a mail in Atheos mailing list :) sorry

" One of the things that I have found to be verry usefull under 'other'
 OS's is a unified way of translating Image/Text/Audio .. BeOS has a
 Translator Kit that is higly plugin based. Many of you may know - and
 love - it. I would like to bring something like that to AtheOS, however
 with some changes.
"
Why not some kind of plugin based framework for all this kind of media?
Someone that use Be can explain that thing?

bye bye

PD: sorry my pooor english
  .^.   Primero te ignoran. Luego se rien de ti.
  /V\   Despues comienzan a pelearte. Por ultimo, tu ganas.
 // \\    Cristian Molina <megacorreo@ciudad.com.ar>
/( _ )\   Linux User #73047
 ^^ ^^    Junin-BsAs-Argentina