Re: gdk-pixbuf external conversion?
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Lauris Kaplinski <lauris kaplinski com>
- Cc: Ian McKellar <yakk-gnome-devel yakk net au>,Wolfgang Sourdeau <wolfgang ultim net>, mibus bigpond com,gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gdk-pixbuf external conversion?
- Date: 18 Jun 2000 09:25:52 -0400
Lauris Kaplinski <email@example.com> writes:
> On 17 Jun 2000, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > This is as much a problem for external processes as shared processes
> > and using convert or netpbm suddenly broadens the range of code that
> > might be vulnerable.
> Not being expert, but how could forked process compromise its
> parent, if parent is done The Right Way? Isn't in such case EVERY program
> security risk?
It's not a question of the forked process compromising the parent.
It's just a question of the forked process executing rm -rf /home
when your mail reader displays the image in some mail...
] [Thread Prev