Re: Problem creating a gtk widget

On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Jan Dittberner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to write a new widget for an application I'm working on,
> I inherited GtkFrame, everything compiles without warnings, but
> if I want to run the application I get:

[snip]

> at the console. I cannot see what I forgot. I used gnome-app.h
> gnome-app.c as an example.
> I attach the source code. Can somebody tell me what I did wrong.

You have the following line in your get_type() function:
    audiopanel_type = gtk_type_unique(gtk_widget_get_type(), &audiopanel_info);

Since you passed gtk_widget_get_type() as the first argument, you are
saying that GtkWidget is the parent class of your new widget.  Try
replacing it with gtk_frame_get_type().

This is more of a gtk question than a gnome one, so probably should have
gone to gtk-list.

> Thanks
>
> Jan Dittberner

James.