Re: Some general facts about panel and gnome

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 06:02:37AM -0600, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> >       2. Add support to the panel to display the information recorded.
>
> It's actually on my todo of things to do just before the freeze as it seems
> actually trivial if it isn't it'll have to wait for later.
>
> But applications aren't gonna use the recently used interface if there is
> nowhere to access it for users.
>
> We must have completely forgotten about this all this time :)
>
> George

 By the way,

 Why not implement a UIINFO_OPEN_FM_ITEM that does the following:

 It register the fact that the file was opened at the file manager level which can then add it to its list of recently accessed docs!

 Add that to the file manager own list of docs and you have got something nifty!

 I know this idea is not the best but what I meant was give the ability to gnome-apps to register their mime types if any with file manager and then register their opened docs with it too!

 It's then up to coder to make sure his/her app does that!

 H. Aurag (who have lots of ideas but can't code one pointer correctly)