Re: bud-buddy 0.7 released

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 04:11:05PM -0500, Dan Winship wrote:
> > (2) I have to use the following command-line to configure, otherwise
> >     it won't pick up the intl lib which is in /usr/local.
> >
> > 	env CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib \
> > 	    ./configure
> >
> >     It seems to me that ./configure should be checking /usr/local
> >     without my intervention.  I've mentioned this before about other
> >     packages, but haven't received any feedback.
>
> The problem is, you could have installed libintl in /usr/contrib, or
> /usr/gnu, or /opt/gnome, or /home/agriffis, or anywhere else.

By default GNU packages install to /usr/local unless otherwise
directed via --prefix.  Therefore GNU packages that depend on GNU
packages should include /usr/local in their search path by default.

> I agree that having a solution to this would be nice though. I guess
> making AM_GNOME_GETTEXT try looking for intl.h in /usr/local if it
> doesn't find it otherwise might be plausible...

gnome-core-1.1.4 and gnome-applets-1.1.4 seem to discover libintl in
/usr/local without command-line intervention.  Since they and
bug-buddy use AM_GNOME_GETTEXT, I'm not sure why bug-buddy isn't
finding it.

Aron

--
Aron Griffis            Compaq Computer Corporation, ZKO3-3/T30
Tru64 Hardware Support  110 Spit Brook Rd, Nashua, NH  03062