Re: LibGTop 1.1.5 "Sidney" (Developer's Snapshot) has been released

Hello Martin,

On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 04:58:14AM +0100, Martin Baulig wrote:
> LibGTop 1.1.5 "Sidney" has been released.
> This is a developer's snapshot and should not been used by end-users.
> However, if you want to help with LibGTop's development or just help me to
> find some bugs, feel free to try it out ....

I am finally giving this a try on Tru64.  Sorry about the wait.  Here
are the issues I see:

(1) I see that you have a new test for /usr/include/sys/bitypes.h,
    however I don't think it has found its way from
    ./macros/gnome-libgtop-check.m4 into ./configure.  My attempts to
    transfer it didn't work either, since I am not that well versed in
    automake/autoconf, so I think a new release needs to be made with
    that remedied.

    The workaround is to comment out (or remove) the following four
    lines after running ./configure:

	/* #define u_int64_t unsigned long long int */
	/* #define int64_t signed long long int */
	/* #define u_int8_t unsigned char */
	/* #define int8_t signed char */

    sysdeps/osf1/open.c includes the following chain of headers, at
    the end of which is sys/bitypes.h, which conflicts with the above

    Additionally, I found it was necessary to #include <sys/bitypes.h>
    directly in glibtop.h, otherwise the definitions are not be
    available during other parts of libgtop which require them.  I
    guess the appropriate solution would actually be to do this
    somewhere other than directly in glibtop.h, but I don't know

(2) Please upgrade to libtool-1.3.4, which supports shared libraries
    on Tru64 UNIX 5.x.

    The workaround is to install libtool-1.3.4 locally, and do

	cp /usr/local/share/libtool/* .

    before running configure.

I am working on patches for sysdeps/osf1 to work properly on Tru64,
but they are not ready yet.

Aron Griffis            Compaq Computer Corporation, ZKO3-3/T30
Tru64 Hardware Support  110 Spit Brook Rd, Nashua, NH  03062