Re: GNOME homepage !! (was Re: GNOME 1.4 package list)

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Telsa Gwynne <hobbit@aloss.ukuu.org.uk> writes:
> > > If you need clear organization and tasks, you can't work on free
> > > software stuff, sorry. :-( (I'm not being mean; this is just the
> > > truth. Only "self-starters" get work done on free software projects.)
> >
> > I'm not convinced.
> >
> > We had this problem with docs. And then suddenly the docs project
> > exploded, relative to what had been going on. I can think of three
> > or four reasons for that. But I'm inclined to think that the doctable
> > (much as I complain about the size of its tables over a slow link)
> > _really_ helped.
> >

> I see your point; but, we still need a self-starter to create the
> organization and do the task list :-P

I conclude that there is actually noone who feels responsible for the
homepage.!!?!!?
I understood that the gnome foundations purpose is to represent the gnome
project and provide an interface between the gnome community and the rest of
the world. Thats very much the same purpose a homepage has.  So IMHO the
gnome foundation should feel resposible for the homepage (just an idea!). I
haven't been observing the gnome foundation so I don't know what it's
state/task is. Maybe if the GF is ready to do some work it can throw some
attention and resources on basic homepage stuff.

However, there are several gnome hompages (implies people working on them).
Maybe its only a matter of connecting these people.

FF