- From: Vince Hodges <vhodges home com>
- To: Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>
- Cc: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>,Sean Middleditch <sean middleditch iname com>,gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Directories/Files
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:22:12 -0800 (PST )
>>>>> "Sri" == Sri Ramkrishna <email@example.com> writes:
Sri> Shell expansion I understand. In fact, I have such a
Sri> variable as you've defined in your example. But what you
Sri> propose needs to be done at the shell level.
I'm not sure what I proposed anymore :)... I thought we were
discussing how to add a shortcuts mechanism to gnome-vfs. Please
correct me if I misunderstand (likly :).
Sri> Regardless, even if it's a little overhead there will be
Sri> overhead. Adding a feature like this will require some
Sri> thinking. It should scale from a crappy Pentium 100, 16MB
Sri> machine to a Pentium III 900Mhz 128MB machine.
Of course. Although running gnome on a P100 with 16MB is something I
wouldn't recomend. I had 32MB on a P100 and it was much to slow (circa
gnome ver .25 or so).
Vince Hodges "Beware geeks bearing diffs"
] [Thread Prev