Re: Some proposed package removals and additions
- From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com>
- To: Matt Wilson <msw gimp org>
- Cc: gnome-1 4-list gnome org, gnome-hackers gnome org,gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Some proposed package removals and additions
- Date: 28 Aug 2000 01:22:20 -0700
Matt Wilson <email@example.com> writes:
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 12:29:40AM -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > Feel free to add corrections, etc.
> > 1) Add gtk--
> <speaking only as firstname.lastname@example.org, for himself>
> What about Inti?
> </speaking only as email@example.com, for himself>
Here are a couple of reasons I think Inti should not be added to GNOME
* Inti is targeting Gtk+ 2.0 directly; as far as I know, there will be
no gtk 1.2.x version, and that is what GNOME 1.4 will ship
against. I could be wrong about that.
* Havoc once said that since gtk-- is a community project, and Inti is
a Red Hat controlled corporate project, GNOME should continue to
consider gtk-- the GNOME-official binding. (I hope this is an
accurate paraphrase, Havoc, correct me if not.)
] [Thread Prev