Re: screenshots

* Mathieu Lacage (lacage@email.enst.fr) wrote:
> hi
>
> i am pretty sorry to bother ppl here for such a useless question
> but please, what prgm should i use to grab screenshots: i want just
> a window...
>
> Also, if someone has time and a sparc machine around with bonobo and
> ORBit from cvs, please, could you try to compile the folowing tarball ?
> This is sample code for bonobo-doc and i 'd like to test this on something
> else than my PC.
>
> A beta release (of bonobo-doc) is for sometime this week end :)
>
> http://www.stud.enst.fr/~lacage/linux/corba/container.tar.gz
> If you can, just do a screenshot with at least 2 different
> containers having multiple views with different data inside them.
>
> Thanks for your time...
>
> Mathieu

<plug>
You could try my screen-shooter applet...
http://www.tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk/screenshooter.html
</plug>

Or you could use the import command (which screen-shooter uses as a
backend).

For grabbing a window, just do
$ import imagename.jpg
For the whole desktop,
$ import -window root image.jpg

Optionally add a -quality 75 command, for a smaller file...

Tom.
--
    .^.     | Tom Gilbert, England | tom@tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk |