Re: gnome-hello-7-mdi.c

On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 08:10:49PM -0600, Mark Galassi wrote:

> Horacio and I never kept the old gnome-hello programs up to date, so I
> would be very careful of the MDI interface as used.  On the other
> hand, you could try to compile it, and if it works, then fine.

Yes, I tried compiling gnome-hello-7-mdi, and it works just fine.  I
just wanted to insure that I wasn't working toward a soon-to-be
obsolete solution to my problem.

> I don't think Havoc's gnome-hello program uses MDI.  But nowadays you
> have Havoc's book and much better documentation than back when we set
> up the initial gnome-hello programs, so you might be able to just use
> docs.

Yes, but the docs I could find were all at best a bit spare in their
MDI coverage.  Having an example such as the gnome-hello program
helped fill in some of the details.

Thanks for the information.

-- John Kodis.