Re: The future of GNOME.

Elliot:

> DOM is used for programmatically accessing the structure of an SGML
> document. Think of it as a way to manipulate the results of an SGML
> parser, more or less.

 I thought it is the language neutral Document Object Model to
manipulate HTML, CSS and XML documents, and it is defined via IDL
definitions.

> No relation to Bonobo (although in some cases DOM might be useful for
> getting to specific monikers, dunno),

 Both gwp and gnumeric use XML, that is why I thought DOM might be of
some use, but my knowlidge of CORBA, COM, OLE and OpenDoc is
theoretic, if not less, and I can not grasp the whole picture -- it is
too big for me. That is why I asked.

 Sergey

 Personnaly, I am more interesting in CORBAizing scientific tools,
e.g.  breezing life into GINA, but I am not sure if Bonobo is of any
use for it.  I see it more like ComputerBoards(if anyone knows that
company) universal library wrapped into ORBs plus signals. I was toying
with that idea for a while now, creating C++ objects with Qt signals
and slots and just plain C for some instruments (delay generators,
lasers, and LeCroy oscilloscopes). I BADLY NEED AN ADVISE, as I easily
can venture in the wrong direction.

 I understand that it is not of interest for the general public and is
not a high priority project, but at least it is close to what I am
supposed to do at work.