Re: Reply-To was Re: control-center in gnome-core?

Mark Galassi <rosalia@cygnus.com> writes:

>     Elliot> If the person replying to a message doesn't want the post
>     Elliot> to go to the list, then they are perfectly free to send it
>     Elliot> to the author. I have yet to see an MUA that is so broken
>     Elliot> that it won't let you change the To: line of a reply.
>
> The Red Hat default for lists is "reply to all", but the GNOME
> community chose (long ago) to do it differently, so gnome-list is set
> up differently.  gnome-devel-list should be set up as gnome-list and
> gnome-hackers.

And I really like the way gnome-list does it.

In gnome-list or gnome-hackers, if I want to reply just to the author,
I can use `gnus-summary-reply' or `gnus-summary-reply-with-original' to
do that.

If I want my reply go to the list as well, I use `gnus-summary-wide-reply'
and `gnus-summary-wide-reply-with-original'.

On gnome-devel-list I must manually edit to "To:" line if I want to
reply only to the author - and I really hate manually editing header
lines if I can archieve the same with just one or two keys on other
lists.

Even worse, if I want to actually do what `gnus-summary-wide-reply' is
supposed to do I need to manually copy all "Cc:" lines from the original
post to my reply.

--
Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org