Partial build report on sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1 (gcc 2.8.1)

I've compiled all the way through gnome-libs so far on Solaris 2.5.1
with gcc 2.8.1 and have run into the following problems:

ORBit-0.3.97:

* Creates a bogus interface_repository.h if you have an indent installed
which is not GNU indent. This should at least be documented as a problem.

* I noticed that with builddir != srcdir, ORBit attempts to place the
built sources in the source directory rather than the build directory.
I believe this is wrong. If you want to build on multiple platforms with
different configure options using the same source directory but different
build directories, this may shoot you in the foot. (Even if the generated
source is always identical now, it may not be in the future).

* Building with --disable-static fails in an ugly way in the popt directory.
If building with --disable-static is not supported the configure option should
be removed.

gnome-libs-0.9.98:

* Has some unexpected hard dependencies, most notably Berkeley DB and
libXpm. These should perhaps be documented in the release announcement.

That's it so far (other than the pain of installing all of image libraries
Imlib likes, but that's beyond our control), I'll keep people posted as I
build more components, and I am also planning to try builds on HP-UX, Irix,
AIX, Digital Unix, and SunOS as time permits.

 - Maciej