Re: Simplifying package installation.

A lot of major applications use their own libraries-- the Gimp, etc. But,
assuming a standardized directory structure for RPMs, it might not be too
bad, especially if they were all installed under ~/apps/bin, etc.  Then a
simple LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable would work, set from .profile or somesuch,
and there wouldn't be a lot of strange subdirectories in the users' home
directory.

I guess it could work in a (mostly) foolproof way.  I'll test it on my
system and see what comes up.

						- Tony