Re: Grammar problems in gnomecal

> Quoting from the first message in this thread, here are a few of the
> problem translations:
>
> > Recur on the 1st Monday   -- Povtor{ja}etsja v 1yj ponedel'nik
> > Recur on the 1st Thursday -- Povtor{ja}etsja v 1u{ju} sredu
> > Recur on the 2nd Thursday -- Povtor{ja}etsja vo 2u{ju} sredu
>
> Notice that the translation of "1st" is dependent on the following word?
> That is the problem.  Unless I am mistaken, libglade will not make this
> any easier.  Furthermore, the english rules for deciding on a suffix for
> the day number (st, nd, rd or th) may not map very well onto the target
> language.
>
> This is a difficult problem.

I think the idea is that you have a completely different UI, if the
semantics of one UI simply can't translate into another language.

i.e. you dont have buttons/options that look like that at all,
but something more appropriate for the grammar.

Since libglade supports 'dynamic ui's, it seems at least an option.

 Michael