DnD targets question

Anyone have any experience working with GdkDragContext->targets GList
structures?  I'm trying to figure out what the heck is in this GList and
haven't had much luck.  What I"ve been able to figure out so far:
- They aren't pointers
- They look like integers of some kind
- It's really easy to get a core if you try and use them

I've been going over the gtk source trying to decipher how the targets
list is stored.  It looks like the gchar * strings are hashed into a
table but I've been unable to figure out how to get them out.  What I"m
really trying to do is write a general example program that prints out
the contents of a GdkDragContext, this would include the target type,
hopefully something like "drag contents: text/uri-text".  I finally got
my sample program to respond to a drop, the issue was with the targets
structure not containing the mime type of the drop.

The more I dig into DnD, the more I see what a lot of work there is
going on in the background - wow.

The next step after this is to try and decipher what I can do with the
GdkWindow * source - try to get a process ID and program name

daniel