Re: GNOME component versioning

Hi Lee,

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 02:08:33 +0100
Lee Mallabone <lee0@callnetuk.com> wrote:

> I like the sound of this. As an additional idea, it might be nice if
> _any_ gnome apps, (ie. non-'core' modules), could "register" themselves,
> with whatever service provides a summary of version numbers.
I second this.

While the tool that I proposed can install all the components it
builds, many users leave the installation to their preferred method.
For this reason, I think it would be better for the component to have
an interface, which register its own version information at run time.

I think orbit-idl is a good candidate to automatically generate this
registration code.

Zen

----------/* E-Mail : <atmczen@ibm.net > */----------