Re: Mozilla/GNOME interoperability
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel nuclecu unam mx>
- To: robinson netrinsics com
- CC: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Mozilla/GNOME interoperability
- Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 18:44:21 -0600
> If Scenario 1 is impractical ("And no, we can not ask every author that
> contributed GPL code to give this special permission. It is not practical,
> and in some cases not possible to reach these people anymore."), then
> Scenario 2 is even more impractical, given how emotional people can get about
> license issues.
Our proposal is: if Netscape releases the code under a dual license:
back to them in NPL/GPL (ie, not only with one license) to allow them
to use our changes, and allow us to use their code.
] [Thread Prev