Re: Mozilla/GNOME interoperability

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:
>> >[ Side note: As rms said in the past, we would be willing to make our
>> >code available to Netscape under both the GPL and NPL code to boost
>> >cooperation ]
>>
>> That would be even more impractical than getting permission from the authors
>> for colicensing.
       ^^^^^^^^^^^ (my mistake; should be "codistribution")

>Mhm?

Scenario 1:  Find all the authors of a GPL program, get all the authors to
agree that their GPL code can be distributed with NPL code.

Scenario 2:  Find all the authors of a GPL program, get all the authors to
re-release their contributions under the NPL.

If Scenario 1 is impractical ("And no, we can not ask every author that
contributed GPL code to give this special permission.  It is not practical,
and in some cases not possible to reach these people anymore."), then
Scenario 2 is even more impractical, given how emotional people can get about
license issues.

	-Michael Robinson