re: initial message

> 1. That's not good. We haven't run into that yet, but will shortly, at
> least in a few "shared-user" situations. Any response from hp on how
> that situation is supposed to work?

Read the archives of the gnome-redhat-list - I had a long discussion
with him there about it - the gist is - it will take a fair bit of work
to fix this problem.

> 2. What version of evo?
1.4.x

> 3. Hehe. that's amusing. Already put a bug into bugzilla?

yes.

> 6. Er, can't you use the standard X pre and post session scripts, unless
> I'm confused about what you want? See /etc/X11/gdm/*Session.
> Specifically for you, PostSession, I guess - you don't necessarily know
> if they're running gnome when they hit the post-session script, but it
> doesn't matter as you can kill/cleanup the stuff either way.

Those run as root, not as the user, so it can make cleaning up VERY
hard, especially when you consider afs and user-authenticated file
systems.

> What version are you standardized on? The default RH 9, XD2, or some
> hybrid? I'd be fascinated to hear about anyone trying to use garnome or
> something like that - it seems a little too difficult, but definitely
> keeps you on the bleeding edge.

rhl9 with _mostly_ their standard gnome 2.2. Newer evo than they shipped
and a handful of other apps and applets, mostly from fedora or freshrpms
then rebuilt for our internal use.

-sv