Nokia N770 devices for GNOME Deutschland

Hello maemo, hello NOKIA,

I am Christian Meyer, president of GNOME Deutschland e.V.

As discussed with Devesh Kothari at LinuxTag this year, we have gathered
together details and proposals from some of our German-speaking
developers who would like to implement their projects on the Nokia n770.
This should help you to allocate the n770 developer devices.

I'd like to thank you again for your wonderful cooperation with the
community and for the opportunity to demonstrate a prototype n770 at our
GNOME stand at LinuxTag.

18 developers have submitted the following n770 project ideas:
- Testing, filing bugs, improving the current software
- Use it to write reports (no matter where you are)
- Use it for podcasting
- Port gDesklets (a python desklet applet framework, see
www.gdesklets.org)
- Eventually port ruby to it and create small apps
- Create cool artwork (see
http://helios-acht.de/index.php?op=Default&postCategoryId=3&blogId=1)
- Develop a client system, that offers relevant data/informations for
students at universities. The system could be later used for
conferences.
- Change data in big/small systems, even when you're not online. If
you're online again, the data will be synced with the server system.
- Develop software on it for the fire departments, for the city hall
(virtual guide)
- control and management of a wireless bluetooth-bases sensor network
- XUL rich client for client-server application and/or Gtk+ client with
web service backend for Doppelkopf (very popular german card game with
many statistics) game logging
- ports of popular open source games (e.g. gtk2hack, Battle For Wesnoth)
- make sure that pwlib and OPAL will run on it (openh323 successor)
- try to get a webcam running on the device (using a software solution)
- try to get as many audio/video codecs working on it (either using the
hardware or software)
- test the video output and improve it
- test the video in and output and make it as reliable as possible
- write a offline plugin for wordpress, the blog will be synced when the
device has internet connectivity again
- write a sharing tool for images and videos and gather them from
various sources to store them on a common system

And here are the names of the people who came up with these proposals:

- Markus Beckedahl
- Christoph G�- Florian von Kurnatowski
- Martin Grimme
- Andreas M�- Michael Gebhart
- Daniel N�Markus Ortel
- Horst Br�er
- Mihael Vrbanec
- Christian Meyer
- Joshy Cyriac
- Jens Lukowski
- Christian Tolle
- Stefan Bruens
- Marcel Hild
- Eric Poscher
- Stefan Kost

If you need the people's addresses and email addresses, I will be able
to provide these.

I'd like to thank you in advance for supporting GNOME and making this
happen.

Regards,
Christian Meyer