Re: [gnome-db] Progress update on my branch

Il giorno gio 29 mar 2018 02:40:53 CEST, Pavlo Solntsev ha scritto:
[...]

Meanwhile, I have started a very optimistic project. I realized, that
the code doesn't allow effectively manage databases. For example,
create DB objects from user provided data, e.g. xml. Actually, there is
a way to do so, but it is not flexible and it is understandable only by
people who familiar with the code. My goal here is to develop a
infrastructure to generate database from xml and retrieve database
information to xml. I decided to do this via DDL API. A new object
GdaDdlCreator will be introduced which will be responsible for parsing
input xml file. Other additional objects, e.g. GdaDdlTable, GdaDdlView,
GdaDdlPkey, etc. will be used and generated from the user provided xml
file. Also, I am planning to allow object initialization using
xmlNodePtr. It will allow generation of single object from multiple xml
files. Having these objects, we can create them using a new API, e.g.
gda_server_operation_prepare_create_ddl_table. After all this work ,
database should be generated/updated from simple xml without any code
modification. It will also provide a convenient relationship between DB
object and user data. Technically a parser may be written to generate
such code from the xml file.

I haven't pushed this work to git server yet.

i have a library that do the same things (WIP) (inspired by http://www.liquibase.org/)

http://saetta.ns0.it/gitweb?p=libzakdbt;a=summary