Re: [gnome-db] Failling to compile source code

Thanks Vivien.

Turns out, I was looking at the wrong Makefile. I realized that the main make file runs make recursive in all dirs, so I saw this on the output , right before the error:

Making all in help
Makefile:660: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

You can see it says, making all in help. So I opened up the file tools/browser/help/Makefile, and found the problem:

.PRECIOUS: Makefile

@YELP_HELP_RULES@

# Tell versions [3.59,3.63) of GNU make to not export all variables.
# Otherwise a system limit (for SysV at least) may be exceeded.
.NOEXPORT:

After removing `@YELP_HELP_RULES `, I was able to pass the make error. Why is that happening, any fix I could provide?

Thanks