Re: [gnome-db] [Vala] LDAP-Access with vala

There are Vala bindings for GDA, autogenerated at build time you can use.

GDA is a C library with support to GObject Introspection that allows to use it directly from Python, _javascript_ and Vala.

You can use GDA's LDAP provider to get connection to it, construct queries and access its records. Check at samples/LdapBrowser directory for a C example, you can translate very easy to Vala; if you need some help on it or find any bug in Vala bindings please send an e-mail to gnome-db-list gnome org or file a bug at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=libgda

2013/3/21 Evan Nemerson <evan coeus-group com>
On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 20:26 +0100, Richard Wiedenhöft wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I searched valadoc and google and I found absolutely nothing usable.
>
> How can one bind to an LDAP-Server with Vala and read the entries.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone has created bindings for an LDAP
library yet.  If you understand C it should be possible to do
so--OpenLDAP does have a C API
(http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=ldap).

If you decide to create a binding and need some help stop by #vala on
irc.gnome.org.

-Evan