Re: [gnome-db] libgda 4.2.x doesn't compile anymore in debian unstable

Il giorno mar 23 lug 2013 20:19:15 CEST, Daniel Espinosa ha scritto:
Hi Andrea,

Yes this is a problem with resent GObject Introspection. I've managed to
fix the same problem for libgda-5.0.4 version.

Exists interest in libgda-4.0? This is important to know if is better to
work on that banch.

Is it more stable than 5.0?

i often develop under gnu/linux and then i compile under windows (i prefer to compile under windows instead of cross compile...)

i still develop with 4.2.x because 5.x depends on gtk 3 and gtk 3 under windows, that i know, isn't yet stable (i'll try asap new version)

so for me it is very import that you backport every possibile changes/fixes made on 5.x to 4.2.x (for example i reported some time ago some problem with oracle provider and with blob (in this case specifically under windows) that, i think, were not backported); but, at the same time, i understand that isn't easy

thanks

LibGDA-5.0.x is included in Debian Wheezy, I'm working to fix most of bugs
reported against GObject Introspection and Vala bindings.

Upcoming LibGDA-5.2 have lot of fixes on GObject Introspection and Vala
bindings, make it more usable for other languages.

Do I need to backport them?