Re: [gnome-db] Gdaui localization

On 21 March 2012 22:44, Kirill Scherba <kiriushka gmail com> wrote:
Hi Vivien,

Thank you for previous answer. Everything is clear, I have used it.

Good!

I have another one question:
How to localize application which uses the Gdaui lib? I have try to use standard PO Files but it can't localize grids column titles (I have used layout file to change my grids column titles), tooltip messages and others (nothing can't localize)... Have you one more good advice?

The grid's column's title is determined automatically by Libgda: it is the "name" property of the GdaHolder holding the values for the column. Basically the GdauiRawGrid does:
- from the GdaDataModel to display, create a GdaDataModelIter object
- from that iterator object, determine the column's title

If you want to localize the titles, you can:
  • modify the names of the data model's columns (for instance in the SELECT command, or afterwards with the GdaColumn object); or
  • modify the name attribute of the GdaHolder: GdauiRawGrid --gdaui_data_selector_get_data_set()--> GdaDataModelIter --gda_data_model_iter_get_holder_for_field()--> GdaHolder & use the "name" property.
Regards,