Re: [gnome-db] GdaDataModel virtual functions API question + new PATCH

On 22 September 2011 03:33, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
I'm continuing adding more and more annotations in libgda-4.2 (find attached another PATCH :-), I'm adding Virtual: annotations to GdaDataModel and found that the following virtual functions:

        [NoWrapper]
        public abstract bool i_iter_at_row (Gda.DataModelIter iter, int row);
        [NoWrapper]
        public abstract bool i_iter_next (Gda.DataModelIter iter);
        [NoWrapper]
        public abstract bool i_iter_prev (Gda.DataModelIter iter);
        [NoWrapper]
        public abstract bool i_iter_set_value (Gda.DataModelIter iter, int col, GLib.Value value) throws GLib.Error;

* Must not be part of GdaDataModel* because they are functions of GdaDataModelter. Remove this functions in libgda-5.0 could be good to cleaning the API.

The following virtual function have a static function and no public function to use it, is this correct? Must be removed from the virtual functions API in 5.0?

        [NoWrapper]
        public abstract bool i_get_notify ();

I'm finding more API comments from the generated VAPI file on Utility: most functions must be in the object used by them to perform the action.

Patch applied to LIBGDA_4.2

Thanks!