Re: [gnome-db] DataPivot on libgda-4.2?

On 21 September 2011 20:50, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
Why add new features to 4.2?

I'm improving 4.2 branch for bindings, but not adding new features. Latest commits have added GdaDataPivot, and I think 4.2 branch just need to be modified for security, stability and bug fixing.

New features must be on libgda-5.0, I think.

From my point of view, I consider the 4.2 and 5.0 branches similar in features, they simply differ because the 5.0 is geared towards GTK3 and its ecosystem. I plan to have some maintenance only in the 4.2 branch once the 5.0 version is out (for which I would like to inclde SqlCipher 2.0).

However, if you really consider it difficule, I can change that and remove the GdaDataPivot new feature in the upcoming 4.2.10 version.

Regards,