Re: [gnome-db] libgda-4.2.x GObject Introspection fixes and automatic Vala bindings generation

2011/9/21 Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com>

On 20 September 2011 18:40, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
Attached you'll find a patch for some annotation fixing in GObject Introspection to LIBGDA_4.2 branch. At the same time it adds support to automatically generate Vala Bindings if available from GIR files.

Great! I't not committed, see http://git.gnome.org/browse/libgda/commit/?h=LIBGDA_4.2&id=c9448aaa678141f160583cfd26ba5be2ce650d6c.
(I've only modified the configure error message).

Will you do the same for the master branch, or should I apply the patch to master directly and do the usual changes?

I'm not sure. I'll create a patch as soon as possible.

I found some annotation doesn't modify any on GIR generated file. I don't figure out why. Some of them were made to GdaSet, GdaSetGroup, GdaSource and others (see them at attached patch). May you can help me.

I corrected some syntax (appended ":" at the end), maybe that helps.

Ok thanks. I'll verify.

The following are notes about some annotations made but it's not cleare if they are correct.

GdaMetaStore::meta-changed
Annotation for @changes: (element-type Gda.MetaStoreChange) has no effect and set its type as GLib.SList<void*> may be because marchaling requires it. I don't know if this is a problem when try to take care about this signal.

I don't think this has been documented, so propably GIR does not know anything about it...

For know I leave as is. We need to ensure to have the documentation in order to cast void* entries to Gda.MetaStoreChange (hope Vala does without problem, I need to test it)

ServerProvider.statement_to_sql:
No help to know GSList **params_used is for and elements types it is.

See the gda_connection_statement_to_sql()'s documentation, it calls that method.

Ok I'll do.

GdaXaTransaction:
On commit method review if @cnc_to_recover is allocated by the method (is annotated to be done by method)

When the method returns, it points to a new list of existing GdaConnection objects. I think it should be (transfer container).

I'm not sure here. @cnc_to_recover, if no NULL, is set by the method, clearly is an (out) paramenter, AFAIU is allocated by the function (callee allocates) not by the caller, that's why I set it to (out callee-allocates).

SqlRenderingContext:
@params_used not documented now is set to holds GdaHolder

Yep, correct.

Thanks,