Re: [gnome-db] libgda web connection?

On 16 November 2011 21:28, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
Is anybody actually using this web provider thing in real life?
http://git.gnome.org/browse/libgda/tree/providers/web/README

I've used it as some point but not at the moment, though it should work. Setting it up is a bit tricky, as some PHP scripts need to be installed on the Web server, see the providers/web/php/README for the setup (one day I should add this to the main documentation).

Does it support cursor/iter based models?

It does, but it's not optimized as internally it uses a GdaDataModel created from an XML file. I guess some work should be necessary to make it properly support cursor based access without the random access.

Also meta data fetching only works well for PostgreSQL and MySQL at the moment (again some not very difficult work should be put for other types of servers).

Regards,