Re: [gnome-db] introspection issue

On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 12:47 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 12:13 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> > On 10 March 2011 15:25, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> > > What's the state of libgda introspection now generally?
> >
> > I'd say it is completed and only some bugs may remain as AFAIK it has
> > not been tested a  lot (last time I wheck using JS bindings and it was
> > Ok). In other words I don't currently have any identified activity
> > regarding GObject introspection, but of course I'll correct anything
> > which is not working correctly.
>
> OK. I'm building stuff now. These warnings might be interesting to you:
>
> (process:2784): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Flags for property
> 'editing-canceled' on class 'GdauiEntryString' are not compatible with
> the property oninterface 'GtkCellEditable'
>

> (process:2784): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Flags for property
> 'editing-canceled' on class 'GdauiEntryNumber' are not compatible with
> the property oninterface 'GtkCellEditable'
>

> (process:2784): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Flags for property
> 'editing-canceled' on class 'GdauiEntryCommonTime' are not compatible
> with the property oninterface 'GtkCellEditable'

You might want to add support to the pygi-convert script:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/pygobject/tree/pygi-convert.sh

I noticed that Gda.DsnInfo doesn't have API for it's bare struct fields
(which are nasty API in C anyway), so this won't work:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/pygda/tree/examples/gda/select.py?h=introspection

I also noticed this error:
TypeError: 'DataModelArray' object is not iterable
when trying to do this:
for info in providers
here:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/pygda/tree/examples/gda/list_data_sources.py?h=introspection

I guess that DataModel should be iterable, but maybe it wasn't in pygda
before either.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com