Re: [gnome-db] Fwd: introspection issue

On 7 June 2011 22:09, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:

I've updated bug 647633, with a working patch to Add a GdaNull type. I've tested using GI+PyGObject and works well.

Please review it.

A step back is done with providers support, because you need to ensure they manage correctly GValue as GdaNull types using the provided API (not modified anyway). But in some cases the assumption of GDA_TYPE_NULL = G_TYPE_NONE is wrong now, and that a GDA null is an empty unset value is changed too. Now when you create a GValue to represent a NULL in a database you have a G_TYPE_BOXED derived type.

This patch fix SQLite provider, meta data and other internal parts that use that provider.

Last time I've tested, GDAui is broken, may be because the assumption on GDA_TYPE_NULL represents.

Must be ported to the new GdaNull.

I'm not sure if this is an ABI break! not acceptable for 4.x series, but is required in order to improve GI support on GDA in stable series.

I'll check this ASAP.

Thanks a lot,