Re: [gnome-db] datarootdir

On 27.05.2010, at 16:39, Vivien Malerba wrote:

> Thanks for the attachments. I guess the problem is related to the
> binary relocation feature incorporated in Libgda (which allows one to
> compile and install with a prefix and the move the whole installation
> to another directory as is often done on Windows and MacOSX's
> bundles).

I think I finally understand what's going on :)
It is definitely related to binreloc and the real problem is, that I can't disable binreloc.

Even if I explicitly say "--disable-binreloc" and ./configure reports:

 Configuration summary
   Installation prefix = /opt/homebrew/Cellar/libgda/4.0.8
   Building Libxslt extension: yes
   Compiled providers:
      Berkeley DB = no
      MDB (MS Access) = no
      MySQL = no
      PostgreSQL = no
      SQLite = yes (embedded)
      JDBC = yes
   Binreloc support is disabled: Libgda will not be relocatable. To enable binreloc support re-run with --enable-binreloc (see http://autopackage.org/docs/binreloc for more information)

libgda still does detection of executeble-path.

In my case, libgda was installed into "/opt/homebrew/Cellar/libgda/4.0.8" prefix, was dynamically linked from "/opt/homebrew/Cellar/php5-midgard2/10.05.0/midgard2.so", which in turn was loaded by "/usr/bin/php"

Binreloc kicked in, and detected, that executable is located in "/usr" prefix and started to look for data-files here.

Binreloc is a great feature and we'll find perfect use for it in our midgard-projects, but there should be a way to disable it. There should be a way to enable classical approach with strictly specified directories.

--
Alexey Zakhlestin
http://www.milkfarmsoft.com/