[gnome-db] Fwd: GdaSqlBuilder: IDs

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com>
Date: 2010/5/20
Subject: Re: [gnome-db] GdaSqlBuilder: IDs
To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>

GdaSqlBuilderID type now must be a guint. In the feature it could be a GObject, a GValue or a GVariant to hold any data type. If a target is a table it has a OID in postgresql the returned value to add a target could be a reference to that object in the DB an do some thing with it. It is just a vague idea or even a bad example, but may open libgda to use any other type than guint with out modify API.

2010/5/20 Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 09:57 -0500, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
> What about if on latter version of libgda we use GdaSqlBuilderID type
> as a reference an OID (ref an object ID in postgresql), even it clould
> be a GVariant derived typé in order to hold any type not just guint?

Sorry, I don't understand what you are suggesting or what advantage it
would have.

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (en trámite, pero para los cuates: LIBRE)

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (en trámite, pero para los cuates: LIBRE)