Re: [gnome-db] GObject Introspection to GDA UI extension - Initial support

2010/3/9 Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com>:
> On 9 March 2010 00:55, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
>> I had to delete some macros from gda-debug-macros.h because it creates
>
> No problem there.
>
>> some constants in the GIR file witch make the GDA GOI support to fail.
>> I suppose this could be implemented in a different way, I hope so!!!

Great!!!

>> I'll re-open the bug 585351 for GOI for GDA, because I found the
>> actual GIR generation doesn't take the *.c files (exists a typo on the
>> Makefile.am - Reported by Alan Knowles). If I correct the typo and
>> include the *.c to the GOi scanner, it fails because exist some
>> undefined types GError, (some are typo too), but the Bug 612022 on GOI
>> blocks to fix this bug.
>>
>> This is an initial support for GObject Introspection, both on GDA and
>> its UI extension. Now and on, we need to modify the *.c files
>> documentation to add GOI annotations and wait to fix some bugs on GOI.
>
> Ok, I'll check the attached patch ASAP, and will wait for further
> instructions from you when the GOI's bugs have been fixed.

I'll will work on some issues on the code I found they are useful,
like some Error codes to add and rename this is easy. They will help
to fix some GIR generation messages.

> About the GOI annotations in C files, do you have an idea of what's
> missing and among that what's more important?

For example is important to define when a parameter is an OUT one;
some functions set GdaSet* pointer to objects when called, some
GSList* should define the object type it holds, when a returned value
must be freed by the caller or not - some GValue from GdaDataModel's
are read only.

For more information look at:

http://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection/Annotations

> Also, I think it would be good to include some example of using
> Libgda(ui) through the GOI layer for example in javascript or python.

Well I have used in a very basic way JavaScript using Seed, but not
python. I think Python would be very easy even for GDA UI testing.
Then on the way, may be I can send some code to you.

> Thanks a lot for that work,
>
> Vivien

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (en trámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)