[gnome-db] (un)escape string

Hi!

Sorry if the questions are trivial, but I am bit confused.

If I use prepared statements with variables set via gda_set_set_holder_value and given value is a string. Should I explicitly escape such string?

If yes, why it can not be done internally?

If I use GdaSql structures (4.0), to build select query, should I unescape strings explicitly too?

If yes, why it can not be done internally?

Why MySQL provider misses this functionality?

Not sure about postgres, I found provider_class->unescape_string being set in sqlite only.

Piotras