Re: [gnome-db] GdaCommand.

2009/6/25 Bas Driessen <bas driessen xobas com>
On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 15:29 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:

2009/6/24 Bas Driessen <bas driessen xobas com>

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 10:57 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:

OK, I have implemented this and when I try to remove a row from a data model I get the error: Model does not allow row deletion. If I try to append a row, I get the error: No INSERT statement provided.

Does that mean that this feature is not implemented for this provider, or am I missing something? I am using postgresql 8.3.7.  If it is not implemented for postgresql, for which provider is it implemented?

I'm working on a stand alone example, I'll send it to you ASAP.

Thanks. I just have a very basic table called Groups with 2 columns  group_id and description, primary key on group_id and some test entries. Loading of the data model works OK as I can retrieve data, but when trying to manipulate the data I get the errors outlined above. An example would be very helpful. I must have missed something.

You'll find a complete example in samples/WritableSelect which I've just committed in git.gnome.org (LIBGDA_4.0 branch) and will be in the soon to be released 4.0.3. In git are also 2 corrections which make the whole thing work.

Thanks Vivien. Will give that a go. Also this explains why I could not get the libgda sources. It has been moved from svn to git. Why? svn was doing the job for this project OK. Anyway, the

Git really gives more freedom to the developpers than any centralized VCS as each developper manages his own repository and publishes only when needed (branches can remain local and are very cheap).

gnome-db.org pages still point to svn. Also, how can I get a git account, so I can help out again?

You don't need a git account as you can "clone" the repo in git.gnome.org and work from there (git being decentralized, your local clone will be fully functionnal), then you can send me some patches. If you already had an SVN account, then it's still valid with git. If you want to contribute more to Libgda than some patches, then I'll ask for an account for you.

Cheers,