Re: [gnome-db] GdaCommand.

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 20:50 +1000, Bas Driessen wrote:
Hello,

In V3 there is GdaCommand. I use this to initialize as follows:

command = gda_command_new(buffer, GDA_COMMAND_TYPE_TABLE, GDA_COMMAND_OPTION_STOP_ON_ERRORS)

Note the parameter GDA_COMMAND_TYPE_TABLE

This gave me the option to have a database table be represented in a data model and by adding/editing/deleting rows from the data model, the underlying database table is updated as well.

To be complete the list was as follows:

typedef enum {
	GDA_COMMAND_TYPE_SQL,
	GDA_COMMAND_TYPE_XML,
	GDA_COMMAND_TYPE_PROCEDURE,
	GDA_COMMAND_TYPE_TABLE,
	GDA_COMMAND_TYPE_SCHEMA,
	GDA_COMMAND_TYPE_INVALID
} GdaCommandType;

How do I use GDA_COMMAND_TYPE_TABLE in V4? Can't find anything in the docs.

Further to this, it appears that all the logic that I have added in the past as recordset_append_row (remove and update) have been removed from the various providers..... ???? . So what is the new way of processing record sets?

Bas.