Re: [gnome-db] Data Sources in libgda 4.0.

2009/6/17 Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 09:21 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> I have spent the last few weeks working on integrating Libgnomedb's
> features which are generic enough into a libgdaui library for which
> the sources are part of Libgda (of course their compilation is
> optional),

Why can't this be a separate library, in a separate tarball?

Because as I said the components are very much inter-dependant (the UI depends on the non UI part, but some common behaviours can be factorized).

When you require distro packagers to split up a library manually, they
often don't, leading to complicated dependency problems. Please make
their life simpler.

Thay already have a difficult job with Libgda because they have to do packages for the base library, the providers, the gda-sql console tool, so it won't add much more to the problem, when it does simplify things a _lot_ for me.