Re: [gnome-db] Meta Store issue with MySQL.

2009/7/30 Bas Driessen <bas driessen xobas com>
Hello,

My database is in MySQL. When I run the following command to rebuild the MetaStore (which lives in a sqlite3 database):

gda_connection_update_meta_store(connection, NULL, &error)

I get the following error/warning:

** (process:22406): WARNING **: (+5): Wrong Holder value type, expected type 'boolean' when value's type is 'string' (Provider ThreadWrapper)

and the MySQL table information is not in the MetaStore. In fact if I do:

select * from _tables;

nothing shows up.

Anyone else having this problem?

The reason for this error is that a SELECT statement internally run by the MySQL provider to get meta data returned a column of type string instead to a boolean. To solve this, the correction consists in locating the faulty SELECT, and use gda_connection_statement_execute_select_full() with an array of expected types for the columns instead of gda_connection_statement_execute_select(). This is already done at several places in gda-mysql-meta.c.

If you want to try to correct it, and if you are in the master branch, you can use the definitions in libgda/providers-support/gda-meta-column-types.h (which is dynamically generated).

Otherwise, I'd need to have more information to correct the problem myself.