Re: [gnome-db] Per-table meta-data with capital letters in the table name?

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 10:19 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> For SQL identifiers you don't care how they are represented as long
> as they represent the correct object: for example the *myTable* object
> is
> the same as the *mytable* object (I used asterixes to avoid any
> confusion
> with double quotes).

Are you sure? Is this specified somewhere?

Surely these refer to different tables?

SELECT * FROM "mytable"
SELECT * FROM "MyTable"

Note that I'm not interested in the behaviour if I didn't use quotes in
the SQL statement. I want it to use what I mean.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com